Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Can Do All Things

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. ~ Phillippians 4:13



Funny thing about reading the Bible - it is the Living Word of God and as such God will use it to reveal something new to you each time you read it if you are open and willing to listen to the Holy Spirit.

The scripture above includes giving me strength in learning to bite my tongue, even when I have the "right" to speak out. To love and be kind and gentle even when I'm not being loved. To forgive even when things are being held against me that are not true.

Why?

Because it is not about me or my fragile feelings. It is about Him and following Him. Bringing Him glory and letting His light shine through me to those who need Him most. It is about focusing on Him - not my "rights", my pride or my ego. It is about being content in Him regardless of my circumstances.

Lord,
help me to remember this when I feel the anger rising up, when my pride is hurt, when I start to feel sorry for me because nobody understands. Help me to remember to focus on You and lean into You.
~Amen

Cease striving and know that I AM God. ~ Psalm 46:10

No comments: