Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Heart Aches

I am part of an online group of mom's with various forums in which I interact. A mom on one of the forum's today had the following in her signature:
  • The bad news is God does not exist
  • The good news is you don't need him

Wow! I read this, did a double take, reread it and then as it sunk in felt like the breath had been knocked out of me!

In the past this might have made me really angry but not anymore. Instead I was filled with sorrow. My heart hurt for this person and her family. Not only does she believe this, she feels strongly enough to put it in her signature. The second part hurts the most. I can't imagine living without my Savior and I hurt to think of how much it hurts Jesus to have one of His creation claim this. Imagine one of your children who you love dearly and would give your life for saying this about you!

This world is so lost and so very blind and clueless to the fact. Just because they think they don't need Him, doesn't make it true.

My heart and prayers go out to those who are still blinded by the prince of this world. I pray the Holy Spirit opens their eyes and hearts to the Lord and their desparate need of Him. We all desparately need Him!

1 comment:

Angela (I am Pooped) Stevens said...

I had a little bit of a disagreement with somebody I shared a street with when I was a child. His Facebook profile said that he was Atheist. His sister's profile says that she is Christian and pretty obvious a believer. I was shocked. I wrote and asked her how that happened. You could see the anger in his responses to me via a debate we were having on Facebook. All could think of was how angry he was and it was sad. We couldn't even debate because both of us are so fundamentally opposite. He doesn't believe and I do. What's their to debate? Nothing. I am interested in hearing from his sister. I can't wait to know exactly how THAT happened.