Friday, May 21, 2010

Friendship with God: David's Example of Beholding

Below is an excerpt and link to my post last week for the Friendship with God series at S.U.M.  I apologize for being negligent in keeping up here.  I'm linknig below to other posts last week in the series written by Lynn and Dineen.  I recommend checking them all out!  I will add another post with this week's articles later tonight.

Weekend Devotion - Friendship of God

Friendship with God Through Worship



Awhile back, a good friend of mine asked me a question that I came across again recently in a book I’m reading. I want to pose it to each of you today. Please be very honest with yourself. You don’t have to share your answer with me. My purpose is not to know your secret thoughts. But I will share some of mine with you, on the off chance that some of you share in these same thoughts.

Imagine for just a moment that you were told by a reliable source that tonight you were going to meet Jesus face-to-face and He was going to judge you – He was going to reveal the deepest parts of your life and your heart – what is the first feeling that overcomes you? Is it fear or excitement?

I’ve been on a David quest for almost a year now, or more accurately a quest for David’s heart. He is described in Scripture as being a man after God’s own heart. God Himself, describes David in this way. What made him so special? Sure he was a mighty king and ruler of Israel, but he was also a royal mess up at times. I want to know what it was about Him that caused God to look upon him and describe him in such a way, despite his failures. I want a heart like that. I want to hear my Creator one day introduce me to the hosts of heaven as “Angela, a woman after my own heart”.

Read more here

No comments: