Thursday, July 26, 2007

House Churches

(Cross-post with my other blogs)

Some of you who read my blog already know that I attend a "house church" instead of a traditional church. I've grown alot in the past almost 2 years now since we started meeting in this way. My relationship with those in my church family has become more intimate and meaningful. More importantly, my relationship with God has deepened and therefore my walk with Him and my obedience to Him.

This morning I was listening to Air1 and the news segement had a short blurb on a how house churches are growing. It was very short, but I found it very interesting. Tonight I got on their website to check it out and found the original article the news blurb was based on.

Here it is for your reading pleasure if you are interested.
There's no place like home, these Christians say

I found it very interesting, especially considering I've fellowshiping and worshiping in this way for almost 2 years now.

3 comments:

-atomik kitten said...

Is that the same as a home missions church? That's what I attend.

Check out thehousefm.com. I like it a lot better than Air1.

Kevin Gilmore said...

The idea of a house church sounds nice. Our church has a few thousand members and it can be very easy to get lost in the crowd. Emphasis is put on getting involved in a small group and also being involved in some aspect of volunteering time at church. I remember our pastor once asking if we were wearing a bib or an apron? Were we there to be served or were we there to serve? That was my cue to get involved because up until that time I'd been wearing an apron.

Kevin Gilmore said...

Ooops...I meant to say that I'd been wearing a bib. :(