Friday, June 12, 2009

What Is My Mind Set Upon?

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.
~Romans 8:5-6

Read this last night and it made me stop and consider what I live by and what controls my life. I say I’m a Christian and the Spirit of God lives within me, but I must look deep and examine the fruits. Do they testify to that? Questions to ask myself:

1. Does the fruit of my life attest me being focused on the desires of God or on my own selfish desires? I need to look deep because sometimes my selfish desire may be disguised as desires of God. Have I justified them to myself in such a way?

2. Does the fruit of my mind produce life and peace? Or does it produce death, discord and discontent?

No comments: