Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My Journey

I've said that this is my blog to detail my journey and pursuit of the Lord. In order for that to be true, I guess I need to be more transparent and let you see more of me. I hope this will encourage and help others.

I've been asking God for quite awhile now speak to me and to show me His Face. He is doing that now. This last week has been amazing. Nothing huge has happened in my life by the world's standards, but I have been pursuing the Lord and He has been beckoning me to follow Him.

There are two thing I'd like to share tonight. One is a song that describes my greatest desire right now. The other is something that I wrote yesterday and shared with my house church. They were so encouraging and I truely heard God speaking to me through them.

This is an older song, but I just heard it again yesterday while at work and almost cried. It so perfectly describes where I am right now.

Show Me Your Glory
by Third Day

I caught a glimpse of Your splendor
In the corner of my eye
The most beautiful thing I've even seen
And it was like a flash of lightning
Reflected off the sky
And I know I'll never be the same

Show me Your glory
Send down Your presence
I want to see Your face
Show me Your glory
Majesty shines about You
I can't go on without You, Lord

When I climb down the mountain
And get back to my life
I won't settle for ordinary things
I'm gonna follow You forever
For all of my days
I won't rest 'till I see You again
Show me Your glory
Show me Your glory
I can't live without You

The following is something I was thinking about yesterday and wrote about briefly in an email to someone from my church. At lunch, I spent some time by myself at a coffee shop and wrote this in my journal.

I feel as if I am at a crossroad. Ahead of me the Lord beckons me to follow Him, to pursue Him. However, something behind me keeps trying to pull me down one of the other paths. I swat at it behind me but can not dislodge it, so instead I dig my heels in and press forward pursuing the Lord with all that I am, with all of my strength.

As I go down the path, hands reach out to take hold of me, to distract me and pull me off the path. At times I look and start off the path, but then through the fog I hear His sweet voice calling me, beckoning me on. I focus on Him once again and my heart swells with Hope, Love and the anticipation of what is ahead of me.

The other voices just fill me with emptiness, yet I still steal glances their way and stumble off the path. But my Lord always comes back for me, offers His hand and waits patiently for me to grasp it so He can pull me to safety yet again. Then he walks ahead, His light shining as a beacon, continuously calling to me, beckoning me on. Asking me to pursue Him as He has pursued me.

I've determined no matter what the enemy throws at me, I'm going to stubbornly pursue the Lord. I believe He is calling me to follow Him because He has something planned for me and the enemy is trying to distract me and keep me from that promise. I will not allow that to happen. I have a wonderful house church praying for me and I will lean on the Lord and pursue Him wherever that may take me.

Will you stubbornly follow Him?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love what you wrote..it really speaks to me. Almost as if you and I are feeling the exact same thing.

Johnny said...

You mentioned a Third Day song and got my attention. I listen to them every day. Their music is incredible.

Thank you for the reminder that following Jesus is not like hitching up to a train. We are always to be after Him, because there is always something else trying to keep us away.

Blessings to you, Angela.

In His dust,
Johnny

Carla said...

Thank you! A great way to start my morning and remind me about all that is worth living for. Him.