Sunday, September 02, 2007

Tired & Stressed

So, it is once again quarter end and this is my most stressful one yet. This is my third quarter end (I've been there 6 1/2 months now) and the acquisitions are coming like crazy. I like what I'm doing but currently I have more on my plate than can be done by one person. I put in 14 hours yesterday (Saturday), 10 1/2 today and will be working tomorrow (Labor Day). I knew this was coming but it is still very overwhelming when I figure out what needs to be done and how much time I have to do it in.

But the good news is, we can learn something new in all these experiences. I'm learning to rely on God and not so much on myself. For once, there is absolutely no way I can do what is needed in my own power and I'm learning to let go. I'm learning to put my focus on my Lord and rely on Him to get me through the day. I am starting to get a glimpse of what it means to do all things through Him.

I'm very tired right now as I write this, but while the stress is still there I am not overwhelmed. My house church prayed for me last Tuesday because I was near a breakdown. Since then, God has been good to remind me where my focus should be when I start to get overwhelmed. He'll send me little things such as a meeting or an email through a friend which reminds me that this work is not what life is all about. The most important thing is for me to walk with Him in all I do.

I'm so thankful that God is so gracious and that He cares enough to use this time which could be very overwhelming to be a time of getting to know Him better and even a time of peace.

3 comments:

Kimberly McKay said...

Oh you poor thing. I feel for you! I will pray that God gives you some relief soon!

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Take some time for yourself. Easier said than done. I know. I hope you find your much needed peace.

Anonymous said...

Good Day to you! thankyou for you blog! Just a quick comment to say, there is a great Christian Site called http://www.puresearch.org.uk you can add your blog for free, and search the internet with (Google Powered) Safe Search :) God Bless