Saturday, April 18, 2009

1 Corinthians - Wisdom & Foolishness

In the 1st chapter of 1 Corinthians Paul says he has been sent to preach the gospel which is not with "words of human wisdom". He then goes on to say the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are lost, but the power of God to those who are saved!

Wow - what a powerful message! In fact, I have been reading 1 Corinthians 1 over and over again the last few days. Just letting this all really sink in. It seems to speak so much to me right now, especially with all that is going on in our world right now.

I praise God that He put this knowledge in my heart as I know it is only by His grace and mercy that I'm able to recognize the gospel of Jesus as being the Power of God. It is only by His power that this message is made known to me, the knowledge of understanding Truth!

If you have a moment - I encourage you to read 1 Corinthians 1:18-31 - these verses are amazing. They are so true and give such hope. True wisdom is of God - all else falls dreadfully short!

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
~ 1 Corinthians 1:25

No comments: