Saturday, October 03, 2009

30 Day Journey - Update 1

Today is Day 2 of the 30 Days - Mind of Christ journey over at SUM.  If you have not already visited over there, I encourage you to take a look.  I believe this journey is going to be life changing for many, myself included.

I've been praying for this series now ever since Lynn shared with me what the Lord had laid on her heart and she asked me to join in this journey.  Friday the journey began and I found myself staying home from work and sleeping for most of the day due to being sick.  And today once again I found myself laid up in bed for the majority of the day.  What a way to start a series!  But I'm choosing to look at this as a blessing.  I've let myself get worn down lately and this illness has forced me into a much needed rest.

I'm also taking this as a good example as to why we need to put Jesus on the throne of our lives.  We can NOT do everything we want or even need to do on our own strength.  We must learn to lean on Jesus for the strength to do what He has called us to do, each and every day.

Thank you Lord for this reminder at the beginning of this journey.

No comments: