Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Security



It is late tonight and year end is coming up at work (meaning lots of hours and stress), so I'm going to keep this short today (at least my part). This week I am thankful for the security I have in my Lord. The Lord has been highlighting the below verses for me this week and they pretty much say it all. Nothing further is needed from me to explain them.

I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have (perfect) peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustraion; but be of good cheer (take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted)! For I have overcome the world. (I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.)

~ John 16:33

You dear children, are from God and have overcome them (spirit of the antichrist), because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

~1 John 4:4

But now, this is what the Lord says - He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead."

~Isaiah 43:1-3

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful verses! i especially like the last you quoted. it spoke to me. thanks for sharing.

Denise said...

May you be sweetly blessed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the scripture. God bless you.

Aisha said...

Very encouraging! I love the way how God show us His unconditional love thru His word and His ways!

Peggy said...

Thank you Angela for OUR SECURITY is in Christ Jesus and for these verses to remind us! I pray that your end of the year is less stressful and minimum hours to finish. But thank you for sharing how God is speaking to you (& us through His Word that you've shared)! Be blessed and hang in there!!! It'll be over before you know it! Praise God! Peggy

Melanie said...

Beautiful verses to share. I especially like "... I have summoned you by name. You are mine."

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Unknown said...

Such a good and much needed word!