Thursday, May 15, 2008

Chosen

I am a huge Ted Dekker fan. I've read the Circle Triology (Black, Red & White) and find him to be a very talented writer. But more importantly he is able to weave in some very important and profound truths about our Lord into his stories. He focuses quite a bit on the battle that rages in us between sin and our new lives in Christ. He focuses on what the books call the Great Romance between humans and Elyon (follows along with what the Lord has been revealing to me about the Song of Solomon).

He has also written a young adult fiction series called The Lost Books that ties into the Circle Triology. I just finished the last book Chaos. At the end there is a part in the book that really hit home with me that I wanted to share.

Silvie suddenly felt the weight of the idea and began to cry with them. Because she too, was the Dark One, wasn't she? They all were, as much as they were all Forest Dwellers, without Elyon's cleansing water.

Yet they were chosen. It was up to them to follow either the one who had made them dark, or the one who had chosen each of them.

(Ted Dekker, Chaos)

We all have sin, darkness, within us. However the Lord has chosen us, chosen us before the beginning of the world to be His. He has chosen us to be loved by Him. We know have the choice of which to follow. The darkness that is inherent in each of us, or to follow the One who chose us before the beginning of time?

For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will - to the praise of His glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One He loves.

~ Ephesians 1:4-6



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ang! That is wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us. It brought tears to my eyes.

I love Ted Dekker. I have not read the Circle series or his novels for the younger, but I have read Adam, House (w/Peretti) and Thr3e. I watched The Visitor (I think that was the name). Anyway, I have loved all his work. I will have to check out the books/series you have mentioned. Maybe my kids need to read the young adult novels.