Sunday, May 04, 2008

ABCs of Adoration

I was recently told about something called the ABCs of Adoration. We tried this in house church a few weeks ago and are going to do so again next week.

Basically we go around in a circle praying and praising God for who He is. The first person starts with "A". They thank God for an attribute that starts with that letter. The next person does "B" and so on. The children did it with us and seemed to really like it.

So, I started to list attributes that I could think of in my journal for each letter. I'm also going to start looking for these in my daily Bible reading. As I come across them I'm going to start putting the attributes as well as the scripture verses in my journal.

So here are a few that I came up with myself, so far:

A
Awesome, Amazing, Abba, Almighty, Adoring, Adoni

B
Beautiful, Bountiful, Bigger than Life

C
Comforter, Courageous, Calming, Counselor

D
Devoted, Divine, Daring

E
Everlasting, Elyon

F
Father, Faithful, Friend, Fisher of Men

G
God, Good, Great, Gracious, Gentle

H
Holy, Healer, Husband

I
In Love (with me!)

J
Just, Justice, Jesus, Jealous, Joy

K
King, Kind

L
Lord, Loving, Love, Lover of my Soul

M
Merciful, Majestic

N
Neverending, Noble, Never Changing

O
Ominpotent, Omniscent

P
Protector, Peacemaker, Peace, Provision

Q
Quiet (still small voice)

R
Rescuer, Royalty, Ravishing

S
Savior, Salvation, Security

T
Truth

U
Unending

W
(the) Way, Watchful

Y
Yeshua, Yahweh,

No comments: