Sunday, January 14, 2007

Jewish "New Testament" (B'rit Hadashah)

What Christians label (and separate out) as the New Testament is called the B'rit Hadashah. There are four different sections, the Gospels, the Acts of the Emissaries, the Letters and Revelation.

In the introduction to the Complete Jewish Bible, David Stern makes a good point (at least in my opinion). He has chosen to not separate out the Tanakh and the B'rit Hadashah into two distinct separate sections.

"The two parts of the Bible, the Tanakh and the B'rit Hadashah, form one Bible. These two parts deal with parallel material in complementary ways...the New Testament apart from the Old is heretical, and the Old Testament apart from the New is incomplete - two testaments, one Bible."

Due to this he has not divided the Complete Jewish Bible into the Old and New Testament, but rather into seven sections. The Torah, the Prophets and the Writings which I detailed out in my previous post and the four additional sections detailed below.

The Gospels (The Good News of Yeshua the Messiah as reported by . . .)
1. Mattityahu (Matthew)
2. Mark
3. Luke
4. Yochanan (John)

The Acts of the Emissaries of Yeshua the Messiah

Letters/Epistles

1. Sha'ul's (Paul's) Letters to Communities
a. Romans
b. 1 Corinthians
c. 2 Corinthians
d. Galatians
e. Ephesians
f. Philippines
g. Colossians
h. 1 Thessalonians
i. 2 Thessalonians

2. Sha'ual's (Paul's) Pastoral Letters (to Individuals)
a. 1 Timothy
b. 2 Timothy
c. Titus
d. Philemon

3. General Letters
a. Messianic Jews (Hebrews)
b. Ya'akov (James)
c. 1 Kefa (1 Peter)
d. 2 Kefa (2 Peter)
e. 1 Yochanan (1 John)
f. 2 Yochanan (2 John)
g. 3 Yochanan (3 John)
h. Y'hudah (Jude)

The Revelation of Yeshua the Messiah to Yochanan (John)

3 comments:

Johnny said...

Hey Ang,

You have the gift of teaching. I want everyone I know to visit your site, so I'm going to mention your blog.

Please keep this up.

Great blog.

JOhnny

Ang said...

Johnny,

Thank you for the comment. Your words were confirmation from God for me. I've been told by a couple different people now that I had the gift of teaching and your comment just reinforces this. Especially at a time when a lot of things are changing in my life. God spoke to me through you and I want to say thank you for letting Him use you, whether you knew He was or not.

I appreciate your mention of my blog as well. I return the admiration as your blog has helped me alot in my current journey.

Thank you again!

Johnny said...

You are welcome.