Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Made to Love You

Toby Mac has a new album coming out next month called Portable Sounds. One of the tracks on this CD has already been released and I've heard it numerous times now on different Christian radio stations. The name of the song is Made to Love and while listening to it on the way home from House Church tonight, the lyrics really hit home with me and made me start thinking.

Here is an excerpt:

Made to Love
by Toby Mac
CD: Portable Sounds

What ever happened to a passion I could live for?
What became of the flame that made me feel more?
And when did I forget…

Chours:
That I was made to love You
I was made to find You
I was made just for You
Made to adore You
I was made to love
and be loved by You
You were here before me
You were waiting on me
And You said You'd keep me
never would You leave me
I was made to love
And be loved by You

I especially like the very beginning of the chorus. It made me reflect on my relationship with God recently. Do I really live my life to show that I was made for Him, to love and adore Him?

Do I really realize how much He loves me? That He fashioned me with His own hands? That I am His Beloved? That He is faithful to me no matter how many times I've turned from Him? That He is that way because He loves me, not because of anything I've done for Him? He does not need me, but He desires a relationship with Me?

Another excerpt from the end of the song is:

I'm reachin' out,
reachin' up,
reachin' over
I feel a breeze cover me called Jehovah
And Daddy I'm on my way…


I don't think the answer to the questions I posed above is YES as often as it should be (should be 100% of the time!). Therefore, the part of the song above is my desire for my life right now. I'm reaching up to God to find that passion again. He has started to burn that passion in me again lately and I'm going to reach for it with all I've got. Do you want to join me?



No comments: