Saturday, February 03, 2007

Happy UP - Day 6

1. Good Book
The fiction book I am reading right now is really good! Yes, it is fiction but it really gets you to thinking. It is the Minor Protection Act by Jodi Cowles. I'm almost halfway through it so far and can hardly put it down. I recommend it. Jodi also has a blog you can check out: WhereisJodi I'll share more about this once I'm done with it. The way it is going now, that should not take too long.

2. New Book
I got the other book I blogged about the other day. I just got home with it and I'm very excited to get started on it. I'll be sharing my thoughts on it I'm sure. The book is called Restoration: Returning the Torah of God to the Disciples of Jesus. Check it out on First Fruits of Zion. The person who gave me this book (thank you, you know who you are!) also gave me a copy of an article from Messiah magazine that looks very promising entitled My Big Fat Greek Mindset. The first part of it is as follows: "If we read the Bible with a Greek mindset, we inevitably misinterpret it because the human authors of the Scriptures were Hebrews, not Greeks. The eternal, inspired words of the Almighty are clothed in a Semetic worldview, not the garb of Greek philosophers." A very good point to ponder!

3. Celebration
I had a birthday party to take Tyler to today so I was a bit late for Celebration this month, but I did catch most of it (minus only the eating and fellowship at the beginning). These once a month get togethers with our network of house churches is always a Happy UP. I get to see people I haven't seen in awhile and I always learn something. I truely love my church family!

P.S. For those of you who may be reading this, I think Traver had a great idea. Let's do the PJ thing!! It would definitely mean we are a true family and would be relaxing! :)

No comments: