Monday, October 20, 2008

Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA)

This last weekend is the first time I had ever heard of the Freedom of Choice Act. I started doing some research on it an I must confess by the time I was done my blood was boiling and I was overwhelmingly heartbroken.

This is an act that is supported by Planned Parenthood and NARAL-ProChoice America and if passed would prohibit "federal or state governments from interfering with a woman’s fundamental right to choose to bear a child or end a pregnancy." Those are the exact words on Planned Parenthood's website and in the proposed Act itself (you can find a copy of the proposed Act here which was re-introduced to the Senate in April 2007. From the research I've done this came up in 1993 and 1989 as well)

I find the wording very interesting - to bear a child or end a pregnancy - they can't tell it like it is. To bear a child or kill a child! I'm sorry if that is a bit graphic for some, but sugar-coating things does not change the Truth.

Here are some things to keep in mind about the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA):

* Will allow for late term abortions (this "freedom of choice" is to be throughout the entire 9 months of pregnancy)

* Will affect partial birth abortion bans (Per Planned Parenthood FAQ - "Viability, the time at which a fetus is capable of sustained survival outside the womb, is determined on a case by case basis and cannot legally be established as occurring at a particular time for all women") Wonderful, a case by case basis. Forgive me for my pessimism when I question those who will be making those decisions.

* Will affect parental notification for minors (Per Planned Parenthood FAQ - "FOCA prohibits states from enacting laws intended to deny or interfere with a woman's fundamental right to choose an abortion. Minors have long been included within the protections of Roe. Parental consent or notification statutes have been used as a tool to deny access to abortion services for minors. When such laws deny or interfere with the ability of minors to access abortion services, they would violate FOCA.")

Ironic that Planned Parenthood and other Pro-Choice organizations believe a mother of an unborn child has the baby's best interests at heart when deciding on whether to get an abortion, but when they become a teen, all of a sudden we don't know what's best for our children (and potential grandchildren)!

* Obama told a Planned Parenthood audience “The first thing I’d do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act.” If you don't believe me check out the video at the bottom of the post here or search YouTube yourself.

Another quote from Obama (this one is on his website here) - "But we also know that Roe v. Wade is about more than a woman's right to choose; it's about equality. It's about whether our daughters are going to have the same opportunities as our sons."

Let me ask you this - how are we creating a nation of equality when we are killing thousands/millions of our own children and grandchildren?

When I hear the arguments that this is an issue of a womans right to choose - I am infuriated and just sickened. I seriously want to vomit! I don't understand how people can be so blinded and so illogical to not see this for what it is. It is NOT a choice, it is a LIFE!!!

Even my 7yr old daughter is smart enough to be able to see past the lies and justifications. These children are being killed and these women buying into these lies are being scarred for life. Nobody wins!


Jesus, I plead your Blood over my sins and the sins of my nation. God, end abortion and send revival to America.

1 comment:

Carla said...

FOCA is what Obama has on his mind. The media and Obama have ceased to discuss the topic. Wonder why??
I read on Lifenews that if FOCA passes it means at least 125,000 MORE abortions a year!! So much for RARE!