Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pray for our Nation - Jeremiah 18

If you are a Christian who believes with all your heart that the Bible is the inspired Living Word of God, I implore you to join me in praying for this nation. Not just through the elections, although I believe this is a crucial time for our country. This is a turning point.

However, the elections on their own will not be enough to save this country. We need to have our hearts remade. Individually and as a nation. In the beginning of Jeremiah 18, the Lord tells Jeremiah to visit the potter. While there Jeremiah watches the potter reshaping a marred clay pot in his hands, he reshapes it as he sees as being best to him because he is the expert. The clay pot doesn't know what is best - only the potter does. This is us, our nation - we are that marred clay pot. We need to acknowledge this and ask the Potter to reshape us as He knows best because only He is the expert!

Jeremiah 18:7 - 10

If at any time I announce that a nation or or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Praying with you, Ang!!