Sunday, November 26, 2006

Family


My family back home (WA State) had their family Thanksgiving dinner today and my uncle hooked some of us who could not be there on Yahoo. We were able to hear what was going on and we could see video. I grew up with all of these family get togethers with aunts & uncles, grandparents, great grandparents, cousins and the whole crew. Now I'm two states away and not able to participate except by the internet or about once a year when I'm able to make it up there. The others online were my uncle in New York and my aunt in Australia. (If you read this, it was great to hear your voices!)

Now watching it on video via the internet is a blessing and kind of sad. It makes me want to go back up there more often for these family get togethers. I wonder if everyone who was able to make it in person this year realizes how blessed they are to get to see everyone at Thanksgiving, Christmas and at our family reunion every August.

I think I took these get togethers for granted as I was growing up. I look back with fond memories now. Maybe it is that I am now older and have children of my own and I'm seeing all my cousins with spouses and children now. I wish I could have been there.

Make sure that you don't take your family and time with them for granted. It is precious!

No comments: