Monday, November 06, 2006

Love Song

We've all seen the movies and read the books. Ladies, you know the ones I'm talking about. The ones that fill us with dreams of what true love should be like. The ones that build up our expectations with ideas of romance that no man could ever live up to. Then we get involved in a relationship and get married and are disappointed when he can not live up to these expectations. No matter how wonderful our man is, he will never be able to live up to the hype of these movies and books. And it is not fair for us to expect him to, after all, he's human just like us. He has no special powers to read our minds and fulfill our every desire before we even think it. In fact, he probably would not want to read our minds even if he could!

However, we don't have to give up these dreams completely because there is someone who can and does love us this much. He not only can read our minds, he knows the deepeset desires of our heart even better than we do! And the best part is that if we put him first and rely on him to meet our needs instead of putting all that pressure on our spouses, our marriage will actually improve. Because to be honest we are not our husband's dream wife, anymore than he is our perfect spouse. However, if we look to our heavenly husband, Jesus Christ to fulfill our needs, our husbands will be free to make us happy without feeling as if they will always fall short. And we will appreciate their efforts that much more.

I've been thinking about this alot lately since hearing a song by Third Day. It is on their Offerings CD and is called Love Song. I read these words and listened to the song and was overcome with the realization that the fairytale love I always wanted is possible. I've just been looking in the wrong place and putting unnecessary and unfair pressure on my wonderful earthly husband.

This realization has drawn me closer to God and to my husband because I can now love and serve my husband without worrying about my own selfish needs. The Lord will take care of them!

This is a love song to each of us from our heavenly husband and one that is not just talk. He means every word and has already proven that He loves us this much.

LOVE SONG - Third Day

I've heard it said that a man would climb a mountain
Just to be with the one he loves
How many times has he broken that promise
It has never been done.
I've never climbed the highest mountain
But I walked the hill of calvary

Chorus:
Just to be with you,
I'd do anything
There's no price I would not pay
Just to be with you,
I'd give anything
I would give my life away.

I've heard it said that a man would swim the ocean
Just to be with the one he loves
How may times has he broken that promise
It can never be done
I've never swam the deepest ocean
But I walked upon the raging sea

Repeat Chorus (Bridge)

I know that you don't understand
The fullness of My love
How I died upon the cross for your sins
And I know that you don't realize
How much that I gave you
But I promise, I would do it all again.
Just to be with you, I've done everything
There's no price I did not pay
Just to be with you,
I gave everything
Yes, I gave my life away.

No comments: