Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Current Reads

I've had some ask me what I'm reading currently, since I'm usually reading more than one book at a time. Most of the time I'm reading one fiction book and one to three different non ficition books at once.

Here is my current list.

Fiction -

Jesus by Walter Wangerin Jr.

Fictional depiction of Jesus' life. Very true to scripture. I've read The Book of God which is a fictional account of the Bible from Abraham to Jesus and really enjoyed it. It is fun to read this along with the scripture it is depicting.





Non Fiction -


Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend

Very good book about setting boundaries in relationships in your life. Very informative and helpful in learning to truly love others instead of reacting to them out of guilt or what we believe we should be doing. I would recommend this book to everyone, whether you think you need it or not. More than likely there is some area in your life that this will apply to and can help set you free as God truly intended.


Feasts of the Lord by Kevin Howard & Marvin Rosenthal

Very informative book about the origins of the major Jewish holidays, how they are celebrated now and how Jesus has or will fulfill the meaning of them. Also has good explanations regarding the Jewish calendar.



Houses that Change the World by Wolfgang Simson

Very good book discussing simple or house church. Discusses how this format is more like the church in Acts than our idea of "traditional church". Also discusses how this is more beneficial for Christians developing relationships with fellow Christians and with Jesus. The church I have been attending has moved from a "traditional" format of church to house churches and I've seen tremendous growth in our relationships with one another and with God as a result.



The Slumber of Christianity by Ted Dekker

I've read a lot of his fiction books. This is his first non fiction book and has been a bit controversial. I believe it is a great book which gives you a lot to "think" about. Definitely worth reading and an eye-opener.

No comments: