Saturday, April 01, 2006

What's Important?

It's been awhile since I've written. Been dealing with sick little ones. My daughter had a fever for four days straight and then once she was over it my son ended up with the same thing. So far, Shaun and I have avoided it, but one of us may be next.

My daughter gets low fevers now and then for a day or two but this time it got up to 103 a couple times and lasted longer than usual. Gave us a bit of a scare. Then I heard about a little girl, 2 years old, who died this last week. She got sick and died in the hospital within 24 hours of pneumonia. From what I heard, her little heart gave out. My heart goes out to those parents. Imagine one day having your precious two year old running around exploring the world and the next day she is gone.

It really makes you re-evaluate what is important in life. How many times are you busy when your child tries to get your attention. Maybe it is work you had to bring home, housework that is getting behind, your favorite TV program. We brush them aside saying "Just a minute, I'm busy now."

I know we are always told that you never know what may happen next in your life, but things like this really make a person stop and truely think about it. Where do my priorities lie? More importantly, does my life, my every day actions and words truly reflect what I say my priorities are?

Something to think about.

No comments: