Monday, April 10, 2006

Feasts of the Lord

Quite a few years ago, my aunt who is currently living in Australia had talked to me a bit (via email) about the Feasts of the Lord, of which Passover is probably the most known by those not of Jewish descent. At the time I was not yet ready in my walk with the Lord to put much weight on these events.

However, over the years our conversations have been at the back of my mind, poking up their heads every once in awhile. They've really come to the forefront of my mind in the past year as my church has moved from a traditional church to a house church. As a group the Lord has been planting a desire in our minds and hearts to learn more about these Feasts. (You can read more about this desire in Traver's blog, Zadok Priest. Traver is one of our elders who used to be the pastor of our church. His is an amazing story of how the Lord has transformed his mind and heart over the past years. A link to his blog is on my sidebar).

One of the traditional churches in my area is doing a Passover meal this Friday evening which I am excited to be participating in. My understanding is they will be explaining the original roots of this feast as well as how Jesus has fulfilled the meaning of the feast. Look for a posting regarding this later this weekend.

I'm currently reading a book called Feasts of the Lord which I will be periodically sharing from in this blog. I find these feasts very interesting and fulfilling. It is amazing to not only understand the original intent of these feasts but also how the Lord has used these feasts to foreshadow Jesus' first and second coming. These are the things I'd like to share in my blog. Keep an eye out for more information!

No comments: