What do you know! Someone actually finds my ramblings to be intellectually stimulating.
Seriously though, I want to say thank you to Rebecca at Blogging Obession for nominating me for the Thinking Blogger award. It really means alot to know that my writing has inspired someone. My goal is to honor the Lord and I acknowledge the best things that come from my blogs are of Him! If it is not very inspiring, it was probably my own efforts!
I started this blog a little over a year ago because I felt the Lord wanted me to write for Him. So this has been my journey and I believe I've actually helped myself more than others. I have grown so much in the past year and my relationship with Him has deepened because of this blog. I want to thank all my readers, but especially Rebecca for the nomination. I would nominate her, but I think that is against the rules for this award!
Here's how this award works, I now get to nominate five blogs which I believe are "Thinking Blogs". Blogs which are truely original and make you think of things in a new way instead of just regurgitating the most current news.
Here are my five top picks (besides Blogging Obsession, of course!)
1. Flock's Diner - Jonathan has great posts about Christianity's Jewish roots and whether you agree with what he has posted or not, it will get you to thinking! He is always up for a good discussion.
2. Angela's Right to Free Speech - Angela is not afraid to tell it from her point of view. She definitely thinks for herself and is not afraid to share her thoughts!
3. Nutter's Notes - This blog belongs to one of the few bloggers I actually know outside of cyberspace. His Happy Ups definitely get you thinking. First, we should all practice this and second, reading some of the reasons he is happy/thankful each day makes you realize how much we take for granted.
4. Work at Home Mom Revolution - Great blog with wonderful ideas. This blog gives me great ideas as to how someday I may be able to be a work at home mom. At least part time if not full time!
5. Faith Filled Wives - This is a great blog for all wives. MJS4Him tackles that "ugly" word of submission that so many Christian women avoid. Thank you for the courage to write about what we all need to hear, but many are afraid to talk about. It is a very misunderstood subject and she has great things that make you think about how you can become the wife God wants you to be for your husband.
If I have nominated you and you choose to participate, here is how it works:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the “Thinking Blogger Award” with a link to the post that you wrote.