Monday, April 09, 2007

Thankful Blog Challenge - Day 2

See Blessed1's original challenge post

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Today's thankful post is regarding our President. To be honest, George W. Bush seems to be a President that people either love or hate. There is not much in between. While I do not necessarily agree with all the decisions he has made, I do admit that he has a lot more on his shoulders than me and I probably could not make better decisions. I do support him as our President and pray for him in his difficult position.

The thing I am thankful for, is the fact that George W. Bush genuinely seems to be a man of God and a man of Faith. He truely seems to try to seek the Lord in the decisions he makes. As I said I may not agree with everything he has done, but I do not believe he is a bad President, definitely not what the media and liberals make him out to be. AND for all I know, he could be doing exactly what the Lord has told him to do and I just don't know the plans God has.

Anyway, that is my thankful thought for the day. I believe our President is sincere in his faith and his desire to lead this country with God's direction. Like the rest of us he is human though. Think about it, even David messed up (pretty big time too!) but he is described as a man after God's heart.

2 comments:

Kimberly McKay said...

Amen to that! People also seem to forget that the office of the President doesn't mean all those decisions are soley made by him. He's just the one who gets blame if those decisions go bad.

Rebecca said...

Thank you for posting this - I couldn't have said it better myself!